The natural environment provides the visitor with many free activities within the site ranging from walking in a lonely beach, bathing in coves or explore the sea life. You may do kayaking, surfing or fishing at your own discretion.
In addition, you can hike through rugged mountain trails for miles along a virgin coast. If you watch close you can see seal colonies and whales during spring and autumn.
You can also stop at the mountain tops and engage in spiritual meditation or prayer. You can visit and have reunions with family or friends and have a good time.
At night, on clear skies, you can see the stars and build bonfires or grill seafood that can be acquired from local fishermen.
The first part of the route consists of taking the Scenic Road from Tijuana all the way to Ensenada. The first portion of the trip will take approximately 1 h 3 min (98.2 km) and will have 3 tolls. It is possible to take a longer route that passes through the middle of La Ruta del Vino which has been known as a good tourist attraction.
1) Head northwest on Tijuana-Ensenada Rd/Vía Internacional
Entering the United States of America (California)
2) Continue onto Tijuana-Ensenada Rd
3) Continue straight to stay on Tijuana-Ensenada Rd
4) Use the right 2 lanes to merge onto México 1D via the ramp to Ensenada
Partial toll road
The second part of the route involves traveling from Ensenada to Puerto Santo Tomas. Ensenada is the last city before going into PST so it is recommended to buy your supplies there if you have not yet acquired any. This part of the trip is the longest as one has to travel through 30km of offroad terrain*, the approximate time for this portion is 1 h 56 min (85.0 km).
1) Continue on Carr. Transpeninsular/Rosarito - Ensenada/México 1 to your destination
1 h 56 min (85.0 km)
2) Continue onto Carr. Transpeninsular/Rosarito - Ensenada/México 1
3) Keep right to continue on Carr. Transpeninsular/Rosarito - Ensenada/Av. Teniente José Azueta/México 1/México 3
Continue to follow Carr. Transpeninsular/Rosarito - Ensenada/México 1
4) Turn left onto Blvrd Estancia/Carr. Transpeninsular/Ensenada - Rosarito/Rosarito - Ensenada/México 1
5) Turn right onto Carr. Transpeninsular/Ensenada - Lázaro Cárdenas/Av. Reforma/México 1
Continue to follow Carr. Transpeninsular/Ensenada - Lázaro Cárdenas/México 1
6) Keep left to stay on Carr. Transpeninsular/Ensenada - Lázaro Cárdenas/México 1
Continue to follow Ensenada - Lázaro Cárdenas
Turn right at Ejido Ajusco (Small village next to Bodegas de Santo Tomas) and continue straight
*While it is recommended to have an SUV or a pickup, most cars can easily traverse the road.
At Puerto Santo Tomas, our goal is to offer low price vacation lodging for those seeking adventure in Baja. We value nature and adventure over technology and civilization.